The first was written for my teenage son:
running late for school again
counting chin hairs
that might someday add up
to a goatee
Copyright © 2012 Nan P.
The second was written for my lovely cat Natalie, who hops into my lap every morning while I have my cup of coffee and sit at the computer. We call this special time, "lap time."
just louder than the whir of the furnace
kitty’s little motor purr
says good morning, with love
Copyright © 2012 Nan P.
5 comments:
Love them both!
from the far side of menopause, here is a play on your first poem (I hope you don't mind):
running late for work again
plucking chin hairs
in hope of mitigating
a goatee
Wilma, you made me laugh out loud!!!
In all seriousness, you inspired me. I followed your link to Small Stones and signed up for the January daily stones. I started yesterday, hoping that this will help keep anxiety at bay during these next stress-filled weeks. I haven't put them in my blog just yet, only a word document. Soon, I hope.
That is great, Wilma! I am gearing up for January also! It is amazing that it actually takes discipline to pay proper attention and write something down each day -- and it is a great practice!
Post a Comment